Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love, Love, Love

The Beatles were onto something kids. Love, Love, Love.

This weekend I was in class and we had some incredibly inspirational speakers but the one message that I got above all was love. Love for the sake of loving and not for the sake of getting anything back.

Dr. John Douillard who founded Life Spa Ayurveda was our speaker on Saturday and I was so enamored with how he spoke on the subject of love. He told stories of how Love Really Saved the Day.

How when you love without expectations, limitations or conditions that, that is when you truly get loved in return...but in honestly, it doesn't matter. Dr. Douillard quoted the following saying often, "I love you, but it's no concern of yours."
This doesn't mean that you don't care about the other person but instead that you love them so much that, that is what you get your love from, loving alone. Nothing in return.
When there are no expectations for anything return, that is when real love is displayed. That is where the phrase "Unconditional Love" comes from. There are no conditions to your love.

How many times have I heard others or even myself saying, I love him/her but if only they....(fill in the blank- didn't smoke, drank less, made the bed, put down the toilet seat, cleaned the dishes, what have

you....)? Countless.

So in the spirit of love, I assign you the challenge of loving unconditionally. Just love. Because.

Love like hell, love 'til it seems like you can't love anymore and love wholely for you and then as a consequence I'm sure you will receive love a plenty.

In this blog there are photos of people that I am going to be loving unconditionally- it is a challenge to trust love and love alone, so know that I'm in this with you, but I'm willing to make the people I love feel amazing without expecting anything in return....Are you?

No comments: