Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I wouldn't have even thought to make this from scratch...

Hummus!
Such a staple in my everyday foods- I eat it as a spread on toast, as a dip with pita chips or my favorite veggie- cucumbers (shout out here to my former Roomie with whom I'd eat copious amounts of this for dinner...with nothing else!) I certainly have my favorite brands and flavors but it never occurred to me to try and make it myself...until now.

While at my mother's house last week we were discussing what we would prepare together for dinner, our first since I started writing the blog, and we got so hungry just talking about food that we decided to embark on my newest food adventure- making hummus from scratch.

What goes into hummus you may ask? It's so simple!

Parsley & Lemon Hummus


Recipe from: My mother- Marie Kossman (above!)
Originally made by Cara: Monday, March 29, 2010
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes


Ingredients:
1 can of rinsed white or garbanzo beans
1 cup of fresh flat parsley (fresh from the garden!)
1/4 cup oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cloves chopped garlic
salt & pepper to taste

  • In food processor chop garlic, then beans, then parsley




















  • Add oil and lemon by drizzling in as processor is on
  • Seriously. That's it folks.





Voila! Enjoy with friends and moms alike.



So as you see it's super easy to make and we had a feast before the rest of our feast which I'll write about next time- oooo, it was delicious!

In other news I am proud to announce that I have launched my new website www.carakossman.com

Please visit it and share with friends. I am doing free health consultations at this time so if you are interested please leave a comment here or fill out the form on the website. It's only an hour and so far the people who have participated have had wonderful things to say- check out the Testimonials on the website.

I'm also going to be hosting a workshop on wholesome nutrition entitled, "Eat More, Weigh Less" on Long Island on May 5th. If you are interested in registering for that please check out the Events page on the website.

With transitioning from full time to part time I just assumed that I'd have a bit of down time but to my absolute shock I am busier than I ever was! It's the best! I hope that you enjoy this beautiful weather and of course...

Be well | Drink Water | Sleep Often | Breathe Deep

No comments: