Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Garlic Soup - As good as 10 mothers!


Last week I felt that awful cold coming on that I always get during the season change. I had absolutely no time for this though as I had a friend from Detroit coming in town whom I hadn't seen in almost 2 years and I had just started my new job. I had remembered reading the below recipe when I started this blog and wanted to really give it a shot.

Garlic Lovers Soup
Originally Prepared by Cara: April 10, 2010

Ingredients:

2 heads garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 cups vegetable stock
2 bunches spinach, chopped

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Slice off the top of each head of garlic, exposing the top of each clove.
  • Pour a teaspoon of oil on each head.
  • Place in a casserole dish with a lid or wrap in foil.
  • Roast for 45 minutes or until cloves are completely soft.
  • Let the garlic cool for a few minutes and squeeze cloves into a pot.
  • Add stock and stir to break up the garlic and combine.
  • Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Just at the end, add in the spinach to wilt, stir well and serve right away.


Breath Deep | Sleep Well | Revel in the Loveliness of Spring


No comments: