Last week I felt that awful cold coming on that I always get during the season change. I had absolutely no time for this though as I had a friend from Detroit coming in town whom I hadn't seen in almost 2 years and I had just started my new job. I had remembered reading the below recipe when I started this blog and wanted to really give it a shot.
Ingredients:2 heads garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 cups vegetable stock
2 bunches spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice off the top of each head of garlic, exposing the top of each clove.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil on each head.
- Place in a casserole dish with a lid or wrap in foil.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until cloves are completely soft.
- Let the garlic cool for a few minutes and squeeze cloves into a pot.
- Add stock and stir to break up the garlic and combine.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just at the end, add in the spinach to wilt, stir well and serve right away.
Breath Deep | Sleep Well | Revel in the Loveliness of Spring